My Blog List

Monday 31 October 2011

Anxiety over nothing at all


Feeling nervous about an upcoming event - I can work with .

Anxiety over finances or relationship trouble - I can work with

However what I just dont get is anxiety over nothing which doesn't pass within a few minutes

Since last night my whole body feels tense for no reason . I lay awake and tense until 3am last night , every muscle clenched and couldnt seem to wind down.

Its now 3pm the next day and I feel the same .

The only way I could even try to explain it is to say I feel like my whole body is tensed in fear like I imagine you might be if someone was pointing a gun at you.

I get really baffled over this bit of anxiety - how can I learn to relax if I can't work out whats making me tense

I had a funny spell of what I think is derealisation yesterday evening. I was washing up while my daughter was having her bath and as I put the sauces from dinner in the cupboard I felt like I was watching my own hands but that they weren't really my hands. I suspect there is no way to even explain this unless you've experienced it.

Its only happened to me a couple of times before and by jove its weird. When I realised that my hands looked odd to me then I got that low level buzz of " oooooh shit " panic. My instinct was to run into the living room and tell OH I felt funny and to let him take over E's bedtime story but what would that achieve ? So I forced myself to continue washing up and then went up and did the bedtime routine. Felt okay for a couple of hours and then when I went to bed the weird uber tense feeling hit me like a ton of bricks and I couldn't shift it via massaging my feet or a lavender bath. Reading wasn't even a possibility and when I did fall asleep I had odd dreams about being chased so I even felt tense in my dreams ( most likely I was still tense and so it entered my dream as such ) but either way ...... ANXIETY YOU SUCK

I get confused between derealisation and depersonalisation but I'm sure its one of the two. I've no intention of googling it as I find with anxiety that reading about stuff just spurs it on as its mainly mental causing the physical ( in my own experience anyway )

One example of me believing that its mental causing the physical is that since I've been typing about it then I started looking at my hands on the keyboard and they looka bit weird again. Hmmmm.

So today has been a bit sucky. I felt better when I put the Archers omnibus on the radio and started the housework. I then got a work email on my iphone requesting that I organise a large event for three days time ( deadline for the client to place the order was a week ago but clients are forever pulling this short notice nonsense ) and I got tense again.

So I can handle it better now .... I feel tense but theres now a reason

Seriously WTF

I'm going to try and coax out a payment from my client and have a bath with some neroli oil my postman delivered today and see if this damn jittery feeling will get the hell outta here. It might as well because I'm going to be continuing with my life whether I feel jittery or not.

Grrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment