My Blog List

Friday 27 January 2012

So far so good for 2012

What a change in a short time
I'm still bobbing along nicely

I've had the odd "eeeek moment " but on the whole things are calm and good now I've accepted its not a big deal

Once such eeeeeek moment was a couple of days ago when I decide to get some exercise and walk up to the shop about half a mile away. I should add I did this trip four days running with no eeeeeek factor but on the fourth day I set off and after a couple of minutes felt "odd". I think I was walking faster than usual so my heart beat faster than normal and I *think* that set off panic feelings. I was strolling along and became aware my heart was beating fast and that made me start thinking about my breathing  which of course then made me hyperventilate a bit and I then couldn't think of anything apart from the fact I couldn't catch a deep breath

I didn't need a deep breathe because I was breathing too fast ( hyperventilating ) but the fact I felt like I couldn't get a big breath made me panic and I had a little panic attack but still kept walking along and concentrated on breathing out for longer than in and it faded by the time I was on my way home
Eeeek but was okay in the end so no point in worrying about it

Funny what can trigger the memory of panic though and therefore set the brain into panic mode

2 comments:

  1. Hey, hi! Fantastic job at dealing with that eeeeeek moment and calming yourself. Good work. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DID it!!!! And I am particularly that even though you have had some "eeeeeeeek" moments that could've derailed you, you were still nice to yourself and wrote that you are "bobbing along nicely"! That says a LOT to me!

    ReplyDelete