My Blog List

Thursday 15 March 2012

It doesn't have to last forever

I haven't been updating because there hasn't been much to update about. Thats a good thing when the blog is about anxiety :-)

I've been just fine . I'm losing weight , I'm eating well , I'm still walking each day ( well most days) and I'm still taking my vitamins and I think the shock of the panic and anxiety has left me so it isn't kicking off the symptoms all the time now -

I get the odd random "hideously nervous for no reason "moment , now and then a " I can't breathe properly " moment and occassionally a " my thoughts are spinning - what if I'm going crazy" session but they don't bother me like they used to so the feeling doesn't spiral into a panic attack or anxiety attack.Well not a full on  , all singing , all dancing one anyway

In short things are much improved

An example : I was driving to meet Mr Kay last week and I was suddenly overcome with a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach out of nowhere. Now Mr Kay is nice and given I've lived with him for 7 years then we can safely assume I wasn't nervous about meeting him. This gave way to some random thoughts about having to pull the car over incase I had a panic attack but I just pressed on , stopped and did the shopping I needed to do and carried on to meet him and it was all over in a few minutes

I'm no closer to figuring out what kicks off these mad moments but I'm learning if I just take a " pah ignore it til it does away " attitude then the moments don't snowball like before when they happened every bloody hour or so

I had another moment last week where I was in the supermarket with MK and little girl and I felt all disorientated and panicky and I just carried on ( albeit while snapping at them to hurry the feck up ) and felt okay again within half an hour. I'm sure those big bright neon supermarket lights send me funny . However the point is that even if they trigger off a panicy memory and therefore panicky feelings then the solution is not to avoid the supermarket but to go more often

Thats not very interesting is it !!! I felt compelled to write something today though so there it is

1 comment:

  1. I don't know your background etc.. But anxiety coming from living can affect anyone. Living is difficult. It is not meant to be easy. So, if you feel bad about being anxious, don't. You're normal.

    I am fairly laid back and almost 65 yrs of age and I don't really care anymore and some days I fell a little bit of fear for no apparent reason.

    I think we are all fearful to varying degrees. And life has become less predictable which does not help.

    Good luck. You sound a nice person.

    ReplyDelete