My Blog List

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Ki Fit

Mr Kay is away working again until the weekend so I have been keeping myself amused by throwing myself into my diet and fitness plan with gusto.

Dieting is dull and it takes so flipping long to lose weight that took a couple of weeks to gain .

However needs must when the trouser shrinking fairies strike so I've been exercise biking , zumba-ing ( in the privacy of my living room ) and walking and generally finding excuses to do any activity that gets the calories moving.I spent half an hour rearranging the shed today .. in January..in the UK .. its sending me crackers

My xmas present was a ki fit which is the UK equivalent of the bodybugg. The bodybugg is the black armband they all wear in the Biggest Loser TV show. It uses your body temperature and heart rate readings to figure out how many calories you are burning a day ( or it does it some how anyway - the science escapes me ). You then just eat 500 calories less than you are burning to lose a pound a week or make the deficit bigger to lose more

I'm suprised to learn I burn about 1800 calories a day just farting about doing nothing much and can get that up to 2200 calories with a bit of zing in my step ( okay a lot of zing)

Mr Kay thinks I'm insane as he is not over weight in the slightest and can't work out why I can't just eat less and move more without a £100 piece of kit on my arm.

I think most people would think that actually but I have high hopes

I'm an all or nothing girl and if I have a day when I'm munchy then I just throw the baby out with the bath water and just eat everything in sight.  I'm hoping the knowledge that if I want a day off then I can just eat what I burn and wont put on weight will help me do that .

I can hear you all sniggering at the back - stop it

Anyway I've been messing about with that while not drinking as its Sober January so life is dull but I feel virtuous

4 comments:

  1. Oh I don't snigger, I giggle. =p

    Never heard of the black arm thingie. Ne-vah! I learned something today!

    Sober January begins. That will help with weight too, no?

    Is life really dull while sober? Or is that not a good question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there you go - please to you I'm helping bring education to the people of these important things ROFL

    The questions fine . I dont drink massive amounts - probably two bottles of wine a week or its equivalent in sprits ( unit wise) so the dullness probably encompasses the whole cottage cheese and banana side of dieting too. But yes - those alcohol calories being missed out should help me shift some weight too - it bloody better anyway !

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I told my 7-week sober hubby that I want to spend $900 to get hypnotized so I can PUT THE FRIGGIN' FORK DOWN and step away from the food, he was MORE than amused!!! (He said I don't want to do the hard work of self control and just want the "easier softer way" as they say in AA - and he is RIGHT!!! :)
    He is having to stop drinking and just STOP. No miracles. No magic wand. I told him it MIGHT be a tad easier for me if I could just abstain entirely, but with food you HAVE to eat... several times a day... and you have to make wise choices.
    I LIKE the idea of the bodybugg... I am going to have to look into that. IF the hypnotherapy doesn't work and I actually have to WORK at it - hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm with you there . I've twice lost 25 pounds easy as pie on the Cambridge diet where you don't eat and just drink three milkshakes a day . The problem cones in when you've got to eat again .
    Sounds like your hubs should really think about that self control comment - like he could have a couple of drinks n stop ! It's the same thing but like you say - you can't not eat

    ReplyDelete